Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup.
You can have Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup
- It’s 6 of good size Potatoes, diced.
- You need 4 of Leeks cleaned well. Slice down the middle and cut into thin half moon slices.
- It’s 1 of chunk of Pancetta (I used “hot”).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Orange Lentils (Dry).
- You need 2 of Onions coarsely chopped.
- You need 4 cups of Vegetable Stock (or chicken).
- It’s 3 cups of Water.
- Prepare of Salt to taste (You can add pepper).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need handful of Chives and dry Parsley.
Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup instructions
- In a soup pot, heat Oil. Sauté the Pancetta for 5 minutes. Add Onions and Garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes. Stirring often. Add Leeks. Sauté all together for another 10 minutes (or until you think it looks married and ready). Add Potatoes, Lentils and Stock. Bring to a boil. Once it has a rolling boil going, lower to simmer. Simmer for approx 2 hours. Taste for saltiness. If the Pancetta didn’t salt it enough, add Salt to taste..
- Top with Parsley and Chives before serving. My husband added a couple teaspoons of plain Greek Yogurt to his soup bowl to cream it up. You can also top it with grated Parmigiana Cheese to add more of a salty taste. We ate this with oven heated crusty Italian bread .