Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup.
You can cook Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup
- You need 4 of chicken breasts cooked & cubed.
- Prepare 12 oz of baby spinach( 2 sm. bags ).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cooked whole grain rice (or rice of choice).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter & olive oil (both or choice of one).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 8 oz of mushroom buttons sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk or half & half.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 dash of salt is optional.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 cup of chicken stock msg free.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic minced or can use garlic powder (3 tsp).
Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup instructions
- Sautee all vegetables except mushrooms until soft. Add mushrooms and cook til a little brown. Then add the flour stir and stir continually for one minute so it is well mixed..
- Now in a good sized Dutch Oven or Soup Pot pour in all of the chicken stock. Stir occasionally over medium high heat until the soup thickens a little..
- Add all the spices and cooked ingredients. Stir in the milk and wine. Save the spinach for last. After it is washed and drained slowly add handful at a time. The spinach will shrink and allow room for more. Simmer a few minutes more then enjoy..