Miyan Taushe/Pumpkin Soup. Miyan taushe is a tasty soup with a distinctive aroma which is a must tried for everyone. In the preparation of pumpkin soup palm oil is not usually included since red bell peppers and tomatoes are going to be made used, and they add to the orange colour of the soup. Miyan taushe is a savory, Nigerian pumpkin dish, native to and quite popular with the Hausa and Fulani tribes of Northern Nigeria, and interestingly, not really popular anywhere else.
It is prepared with ripe pumpkin meat and enjoyed by both young and old. There are different species of Pumpkin, but the Gourd type is very common in Nigeria, nevertheless. Ingredients for preparing Nigerian pumpkin soup (miyan taushe). You can have Miyan Taushe/Pumpkin Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Miyan Taushe/Pumpkin Soup
- It’s of Chicken breast.
- It’s Half of cup roasted groundnut (powder).
- You need 1 cup of pumpkin/Kabewa (Mashed).
- It’s 1 bunch of Spinach.
- Prepare Half of handful yakwa.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s of Scotch bonnet pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 of cooking spoon palm oil.
- Prepare to taste of Seasoning and salt.
- You need Half of teaspoon ginger powdee.
Miyan taushe is a light thick soup prepare with a mashed pumpkin pulp, it is usually garnished with assorted meat and seasoned with local seasonings like African nutmeg,and locust beans and other few seasonings. Nigerian lifestyle vlogger, Kandy Musa shares a recipe for northern Nigerian pumpkin soup, also known as Miyan Taushe. Miyan Taushe (nigerian Pumpkin Soup) / Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka Baobab Pumpkin vegetable has a very bright and attractive colour which is another bonus to the soup, hence, you will need the following ingredients to make Pumpkin soup (miyan taushe).
Miyan Taushe/Pumpkin Soup step by step
- Season chicken breast with salt,pepper,onion,ginger powder and seasoning and steam till cooked.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into small cubes and boil in the meat before it is fully cooked.
- In a separate pot, heat the palm oil, fry the onion,pepper and tomato for about 3mins.
- Pour in the chicken breast and pumpkin. Add water and seasoning and bring to boil for 10mins.
- Add the groundnut powder and allow to boil for 5mins.
- Mash up the pumpkin and in the soup..
- Add the chopped spinach and yakuwa,cook for 3mins and the soup is ready..
- Serve with Gurasa (northern bread),Tuwo or Masa .
This soup is mostly eaten with. Nigerian lifestyle vlogger, Kandy Musa shares a recipe for northern Nigerian pumpkin soup, also known as Miyan Taushe. Miyan Taushe is popular Hausa recipe. Chicken breast, cup roasted groundnut (powder), pumpkin/Kabewa (Mashed), Spinach, handful yakwa, tomatoes Miyan Taushe. I have been craving for this soup for a while so today I decided to prepare it ,this mouth watering soup is originated from the northern part of.