Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup. Leek onion soup is an ideal meal for early spring, made even better by sweet and tender leeks left to overwinter outside. But I was able to salvage enough of my crop to make a hearty little pot of leek and onion soup before (I hope, I hope, I hope) the cold weather is gone for good. Begin by trimming the leeks, discarding the tough outer layer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Rich, hearty broth, crunchy bread and gooey cheese make this bowl of french onion and leek soup pure comfort food goodness. Potato Leek Soup Recipe – How to Make Vichyssoise. You can have Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup
- Prepare 3 ounces of homemade cheese see my recipe say cheese.
- You need 1 of strawberry onion.
- You need 1 of leek.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 quart of beef broth.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of duck fat.
This easy leek and potato soup recipe is perfect for chilly evenings! This soup also keeps well in the fridge or freezer, so make a big batch and save some for later! If you'd like it to be a little less green, you could use only the whites of the leeks or substitute a bit of yellow or white onion. · Vegan Potato Leek Soup – the combination of creamy potatoes, delicate leeks with herbal notes of rosemary & thyme will have you going back for more! Recipe for Leek and Celery Soup.
Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in the duck fat get the onion ready to slice. Butter is starting to melt. Turn your broiler on..
- Slice the onion. Wash and slice the leek. Add to the butter and duck fat. Stir coating the onions and leeks..
- Add the salt and pepper. Let them sweat. After 15 minutes of sweating add the tarragon..
- After it's cooked 30 minutes and stirring often, add the broth and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes. Put into an oven safe bowl cover tops with cheese. Set under the broiler till cheese is browned. Serve I hope you enjoy!!! Cheese fell into my soup..
You probably named red onions, yellow onions, Spanish onions, maybe even pearl onions in your list, but we're pretty sure there are some you missed. Part of the allium family, which also includes garlic and chives, onions are versatile and provide the backbone to thousands of different dishes, there are. This is a soup for onion lovers. Caramelized onions, leeks, and shallots (or only onions if you prefer) are puréed with chicken stock and then combined with sherry, sautéed onion, and a splash of cream at the end. What makes it so delicious are the fried leeks—and the Gruyère crostini, a contemporary.