Broccoli Cheese Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup. Watch how to make an excellent homemade broccoli cheese soup with plenty of fresh broccoli and Cheddar cheese. Serve this broccoli cheese soup with some crusty bread, caesar salad, or some ham and cheese sliders!
I've edited the recipe just a bit to enhance with a bit of. Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or frozen broccoli and any type of cheese that melts well. You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- You need of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Prepare of celery stalks, diced.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of half and half.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- It’s of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- You need of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- It’s of salt.
This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese. This creamy, "cheesy", vegan broccoli cheese soup has silky smooth texture and classic broccoli cheese flavor with exactly zero ingredients out of a can. My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese! Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food!
Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. This easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is based upon Panera's, but if you ask me, it's better! If you love Panera Bread's Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you are going to be amazed with this copycat recipe! In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to be virtuous.