Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made. Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- It’s 1 of Onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Cumin.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 45 Oz. of Cannellini Beans.
- You need 20 Oz. of Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros.
- It’s 15 Oz. of Cream of Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Whole Kernel Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Black Beans.
- Prepare 8 of Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts).
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
- It’s 2 of Habanero peppers, diced.
This Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup from Delish.com combines chicken breasts, fire-roasted tomatoes, and black beans for the easiest, healthiest soup. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!.
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans…
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours..
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping.
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at.