Crockpot taco soup. This taco soup is quick and easy to prepare and has great flavor. I got it from a family friend. You'll LOVE this Easy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe!
All the great flavors of taco night, in a comforting soup! Best taco soup I've ever made! I made it a day early and took it to an office lunch (oh, was much better the second day), and it got raves. You can have Crockpot taco soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot taco soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 6 of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of lean chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (large).
- Prepare 1 can of tomato soup.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 can of white corn.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans (no fat).
- It’s 1 packages of lipton ranch mix.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of salsa.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 box of taco shells.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
I also added the dressing and the taco seasoning to the meat before adding to the crock pot. I tasted the mix before adding. Chickpea Crockpot Taco Soup- we've been making a version of this slow cooker taco soup for YEARS and I love it so much. It's great for quick and easy meals and can even be used on tacos with.
Crockpot taco soup step by step
- Dice the onions and mushrooms. Sautee in olive oil..
- Cut fat off boneless chicken breasts. Shred or cube the chicken as you saute it in a fry pan. Pour off the juices..
- Optional: blend corn to break up kernels. I have to do this for medical reasons. If your household has normal digestive function then use whole corn..
- Add canned ingredients to crockpot. Stir to thoroughly mix. (Note: if you use dried kidney beans then soak ~1-2 cups overnight. Drain and rinse)..
- Add sauteed chicken, onions and mushrooms. Add water to cover ingredients and stir to mix..
- Add spices to taste. Start bland and gradually add salsa and chili powder. Optional: use a taco favoring packet if acceptable to the tastes of your household..
- Set crockpot to high and cook ~4 hours or until kidney beans are done. Add water if it becomes too thick..
- Heat one taco shell per person (follow directions on the box). Most will break it up to add to soup while others may use it as a "scoop"..
- Garnish with shredded cheese (or a dollop of low fat sour cream mixed with a chopped green onion stem)..
This crockpot taco soup is surprisingly easy to make. This fabulous crockpot taco soup is loaded with flavor and great ingredients, and you'll be surprised at how simple it is to prepare. Skinnytaste > Crock Pot Recipes > Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili Recipe. Chicken Taco Chili is one of my favorite chili recipes! It's so good served in a bowl with multi-grain chips, topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese or avocados.