Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup. The aroma while it's cooking is wonderful. I found this in a magazine, made a few changes. The hearty goodness of chicken, lentils, and kale combine in this easy one-pot soup that is sure to warm you up on cold winter days.
Make a batch to enjoy for dinner or pack it for lunch all week! I have a soup recipe to share with you today. The title is a bit misleading because I actually didn't use spicy sausage, I just made the soup spicy. You can cook Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- It’s of Kale.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- It’s 1 lb of dry lentils.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- It’s 1 of serrano.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of med sweet onion.
- It’s of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Chile powder.
- You need of Cayenne powder.
- You need of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- Prepare of Paprika.
- It’s of Celery seed.
- It’s 3 qt of broth.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
Fall for me means nice warm soup! This recipe is perfectly spicy to warm you up on a cool autumn day. The link for this recipe is below but I did modify it. Creamy Potato, Kielbasa and Kale Soup.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup instructions
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..
Spicy Italian Sausage, Whole Grain Penne and Vegetable Add chicken broth and tomatoes. This soup will wow you with flavor and hearty goodness. Kale can easily be substituted with chard or spinach. They are the quickest cooking lentils, but if you can't find them, substitute yellow or green lentils. Kale, carrots, and chicken add flavor to this healthy recipe.