Boerewors in tomato gravy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. A variation on that theme that's a classic in its own right is boerewors tomato stew served over corn mush. The corn mush, or "pap," is a white cornmeal porridge – the African equivalent of America's grits or Italy's soft polenta, and either of those is a suitable substitute.
In this recipe the mielie meal or pap is cooked quite stiff, which is perfect for mopping up the gravy and the meat juices. Boerewors (pronounces BOO-ruh-VORS) is a South African fresh sausage that is perfect for the grill. The name means "farmer's sausage" and comes Boerewors is a course-ground sausage, giving it a more chunky and coarse texture, rather than the fine and smooth texture that you may be used to. You can have Boerewors in tomato gravy using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boerewors in tomato gravy
- It’s 800 g of Boerewors.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of BBQ spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Steak n chop spice.
- You need 1 tsp of Chicken spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 TBS of Flour.
- You need 2 TBS of Minestrone powdered soup.
Boerewors, ([ˈbuːrəˌvors]) a type of sausage which originated in South Africa, is an important part of Namibian cuisine and South African cuisine and is popular across Southern Africa. Pap & boerewors with tomato-onion gravy. Vetkoek with Wors & Tomato Gravy. Boerewors (boor-uh-vors) – literally means 'farmers sausage' in Afrikaans.
Boerewors in tomato gravy instructions
- Prep time for rolling boerewors into sausages size it 10 minutes.
- Then take the boerewors place it in a pot then drizzle small amount of water to cook and cover the pot and let it cook..
- Once the it busy cooking then chop your onion and place it in a bowl and also grate those tomatoes..
- Check the pot and now cut the boerewors into those size and it is cooked and let it fry by its own fat..
- Once fried the pour your onion and stir and let it be soft..
- As it turn golden brown the pour your tomatoes to make the that gravy and pour sugar..
- Stir and add the remaining spices.
- While the boerewors is cooking then prepare a small cup to add flour and minestrone with water to make a gravy thick..
- Then pour your mixture to the pot and cover for few minutes then you have your boerewors and tomato gravy..
- Will be served with pap.
Serve the boerewors with the Tomato Bredie. Tomato Bredie: Heat the oil in a large saute pan set over medium heat, and saute the onions until they're transparent. Add the pork and cook until brown. Boerewors is a sausage, popular in South African cuisine. The name comes from the Afrikaans words boer ("farmer") and wors ("sausage"), and is pronounced /ˈbuːrəvors/, with a trilled IPA /r/.