Slow Cooker Potato Soup.
You can cook Slow Cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- You need 3 lb of potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 of (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 9 oz of bacon, cooked and diced or crumbled.
- You need 4 of green onions, diced.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup instructions
- To a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours ( poke potatoes with a fork to check make sure they're soft)..
- Ladle out 2 cups liquid from soup mixture in crock pot into a liquid measuring cup, set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes..
- While whisking, slowly pour 2 cups liquid in measuring cup into butter mixture, it will thicken quickly. Pour butter mixture into slow cooker and stir to blend. If desired, mash potatoes with a potato masher to break down into smaller pieces..
- Cover and cook on high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Turn heat off or to warm, stir in sour cream. Serve warm topped with cheddar, bacon and green onions..