Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of good vegetable stock.
- Prepare of butternut squash, cubed – bulbous parts reserved.
- It’s of parsnips, cubed.
- You need of garlic, unpeeled.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It’s of mixed herbs – thyme, oregano, basil.
- It’s of chopped onion.
Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Place the squash, parsnip and garlic onto a baking tray, drizzle in olive oil, season with the salt and herbs and roast at gas 6 /180C/ 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Fry off the onion until translucent then when the veggies have finished roasting, place into the soup pan. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and also add to the pan.
- Add the stock and season with pepper and simmer gently for 20 minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Liquidise in a blender and season again if needed.
- You can add some diced pear to the soup as it's simmering for more flavour, or some curry powder to spice it up.
- Serve with a warm roll or crusty bread. If you feel creative, hollow out the bulbous part of the squash and use it as the serving bowl! Don't waste the seeds – dry them off and roast them in the oven. They make a delicious snack.
- To do so, sprinkle inside the hollowed out squash bowls with a pinch of sugar and salt then roast on the tray you did the veggies on for 30 – 35 minutes.
- If you want to do the seeds too, add them to the tray after 15 minutes. Sprinkle them with salt and toss them in the oil and herb residue.
- Ladle the soup straight in and sprinkle some of the roasted seeds on top for garnish. The bowls are edible. Don't be afraid to eat the skin. It's so tender after roasting.