Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup.
You can have Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 3 ounces of butter.
- Prepare 3 ounces of flour by weight.
- Prepare 1 pound of broccoli flowerets — rough chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic- finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of of red bell pepper — small diced.
- It’s 1 cup of Sweet onion — small diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 8 ounces of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese – shredded.
- Prepare 5 slices of bacon cooked and diced fine.
Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup instructions
- Over a medium heat add the butter then the flour and stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes to make a white roux. (This will thicken the soup) Set aside..
- Simmer the broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, onions and seasoning in chicken stock until tender. About 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the white roux until incorporated, stir and simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Puree the soup with hand blender, food processor or blender; start off slow so that you do not burn yourself..
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese and half and half until melted..
- Add in the chopped bacon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.