Beef and lentil stew. Add tomatoes with juice, lentils, beef broth, rosemary, and browned beef pieces to the skillet and stir well. Beef and Lentil Stew is a marvelous meal to warm you up on cool evenings. It's guilt free, gluten free, and fabulous as leftovers.
Add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary, salt, pepper, soy sauce (or tamari) mustard and broth to a slow cooker. Give it a good stir and make sure everything is well mixed. Stir in the lentils and the beef. You can cook Beef and lentil stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and lentil stew
- It’s of Large Bottom round roast.
- Prepare 32 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 box of organic lentil soup.
- You need 4 cups of baby carrots.
- It’s 3 of large russet potatoes; cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of white onion; chopped.
- It’s 5 cups of frozen vegetable medley.
- It’s 1 package of dried egg noodles.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of liquid amino acid.
- It’s 1/8 cup of tamari soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of each of.
- It’s of Cumin.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Tumeric.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 can of roasted tomatoes.
- You need of Couple tsp Salt and lots of cracked black pepper.
Turn the slow cooker on high. A flavorful beef and lentil stew inspired by the tastes of Morocco. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add oil to a pan and sear beef.
Beef and lentil stew step by step
- Set crock pot to low. Add broth, roast, tamari, amino acids, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, bay leaf, and can of roasted tomatoes. Cook for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion. Cook for 2 more hour; stirring intermittently..
- At this point, the meat wasn't as tender as I would have liked so I turned the heat setting to high, added noodles, and let cook for an addition hour and a half while stirring a bit more often so nothing stuck to the sides of my pot..
- Once the meat was tender enough to easily be pulled apart I sat my crock pot to warm and let cool for you 15 minutes..
- Thick, savory beef stew. Enjoy with crackers, preferably Ritz, and await impending nap. You're welcome..
Italian Beef & Lentil Stew Recipe Variations. If you've made this low fat Italian Crock Pot Beef & Lentil Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. Brown beef in batches in a non-stick pan using a little spray oil. Wipe out pan in between with kitchen towel if necessary. Cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery in a little spray oil in the pan until softened.