Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup. The combination of tomatoes, lemon, parsley For a chicken orzo soup you can add cooked shredded chicken a few minutes before finishing the soup. Beef or turkey meatballs are also a great. Spicy Turkish soup with a yogurt and turkey stock base, chickpeas, rice, cayenne, paprika, mint The original recipe is from Joyce Goldstein, and called for chicken.
ADD chicken, beet, carrot and salt to pot. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. You can cook Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup
- It’s 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey or chicken.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of jalepeno minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon pepper salt/seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of fresh sprig rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of fresh sprig thyme.
- It’s 2 of fresh sage leaves.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli florettes, roughly chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of orzo pasta (or any small pasta).
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Lemon Orzo Chicken Potpie Lemon Rice Chicken Enchiladas Creamy Chicken Chicken Casserole Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipes. Meal Prep + Low Carb – Beauty Bites. Make this avocado chicken salad for lunch or dinner! I'd definitely make this chicken orzo recipe first!
Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in pot, add onion and garlic and sautee until onions translucent..
- Add carrots and stir 3 min, add your whole fresh herbs and salt and pepper (You can pick herbs out later when theyre whole).
- Add your diced turkey or chicken..
- Pour in your chicken broth and drop in your celery. Let cook for 8min.
- Stir in your pasta (Tip: if you're family isnt large enough to finish this soup in one night,cook the pasta seperate and add it to the bowl and ladle this soup on top to prevent mushy pasta when reheating).
- Cook the pasta until al dente and stir in your broccoli in the last 5 minn cooking time to ensure they're crisp and green! (Or you can cook the broccoli with your pasta and add to bowl when serving).
It looks and sounds delicious and uses ingredients I always have on hand! I would love to make Spicy Asian Short Ribs. Classic chicken noodle soup spices really do the trick for this creamy variation. We recommend using a coarse Italian seasoning like THIS one because the spices are whole and soooo flavorful! Orzo may look like rice, but it's actually a small pasta that is quite perfect for soups!