Green Chile Chicken Soup. This versatile green chicken chili soup recipe can be made ahead as a freezer meal, made just a few hours ahead in a slow-cooker, or even cooked right… This Mexican-inspired, easy, green chili chicken soup bursts with bright, bold, satisfying flavors and is healthy to boot. If you like cream of chicken soup this is heavenly! Next immediately add in your green chiles, butternut squash, cumin and oregano.
Green chile chicken soup is chicken soup for the chile lover's soul. Step aside chicken noodle, because this recipe is far better to relieve a cold. The green chile provides a vitamin c boost, relieves blocked sinus passages and, generally, increases sensations of well being and coziness. You can cook Green Chile Chicken Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Soup
- It’s 8 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- You need 1 pinch of Rosemary leaves.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 3 clove of of garlic minced (or 2 tablespoons of jarred garlic).
- You need 1/2 of Roughly chopped small-med yellow onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of Dry orzo pasta (cooked).
- It’s 1 of Chopped NM green chile (fresh/frozen is best, canned is pickled so it might taste different).
Hi every one welcome to visit my channel is talk about cooking life style and Cooking chicken soup with green chili recipe. Please subscribe me to view more. I use mild green Poblano chili peppers for this soup. Eventually on the vine they turn red and when they do, they become very HOT.
Green Chile Chicken Soup instructions
- Bring chicken to a low boil in 8 cups of water. Add spices and salt..
- Cook orzo pasta according to the directions, then drain, toss with olive oil and set aside..
- When chicken is nearly done cooking, add garlic and onions..
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove pieces from broth and roughly chop or shred..
- Once chopped, add chicken back to broth. Add green chile (the amount of green chile is up to your spice tolerance)..
- In serving bowl, add chicken and broth, and a scoop of cooked orzo..
Hatch chiles are nice but they're much lighter and "greener" and to me, more generic. Before adding the chicken back, add green chiles to the Instant Pot. As an OPTIONAL step, use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup to make a consistent, smooth broth. These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are one of my family's favorite meals, so why not make it into soup form?! And luckily, the family loves this chili If you love Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, you are in for a treat with this recipe!