Beef stew. In this recipe, beef stew meat is braised in a rich, mildly spicy red chile sauce until fork tender and served over mashed sweet potatoes. Beef stew meat breaks down and becomes more tender the longer you cook. Two hours is typically the sweet spot for beef stew unless you're cooking a slow-cooker stew.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. A cozy, classic beef stew with tender beef, carrots, mushrooms + potatoes. Everyone will love this, especially on those chilly nights! You can cook Beef stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef stew
- It’s 1 kg of beef.
- You need 4 of tablespoons of braai marinade.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rajah mixed with parsley.
- Prepare of sprinkle rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 cube of beef stock.
- You need 2 of tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 1 of small green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chilli red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of beef oxtail soup.
We just got back from Los Angeles. Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat.
Beef stew instructions
- Rinse the meat then add marinade beef stock and cook for 1 hour and keep on adding a little water as needed.
- When tender add onion, oil, all spices and red chili and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add a glass of water, add diced pepper and beef oxtail soup and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil over medium heat. Beef stew is a cold weather essential. Read on to get all the hot deets on this ultra-comforting stew. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.