Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup. Cream Of Tomato Soup, Indian Style recipe with step by step photos. To prepare creamy tomato soup, heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan. Also, you can make use of oil or ghee but butter provides a rich flavour.
Tomato soup is one of the most ordered in Indian restaurants. This homestyle recipe is simple to make and tastes super delicious with awesome flavors. A good tomato soup is all about flavors, with a right balance of sour & sweetness. You can have Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup
- Prepare 5 of ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 2 small of carrots, chopped.
- You need 7 of garlic cloves, slightly smashed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s of fresh cream.
- You need 50 ml of tomato puree.
- It’s bunch of spring onions.
- You need bunch of coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking butter.
- You need of salt.
This homemade soup is one of the best I have been making for. Here is a wonderfully easy recipe for traditional Indian tomato soup. It is ready in a jiffy, tastes wonderful, and acts as a lovely side-dish or appetizer. Serve it with a heavy curry/rice combo and some papadams and you are in heaven.
Indian Style Creamy Tomato Soup instructions
- Heat the cooking butter in a pressure cooker. Don't let it brown too much..
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the melted butter and fry till the onions turn translucent..
- Add the carrots. They need to stay in the pan longer because they have to soften considerably..
- Then add the tomatoes to the mixture and fry till they start to come apart slightly..
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, oregano, chilli flakes, turmeric and salt to the pressure cooker. Fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. After adding the salt, the tomatoes would start melting and start to give a saucy consistency to the mixture. Keep tasting everything to ensure the desired flavor is achieved..
- Close the pressure cooker and let it cook for 10 mins (2 whistles). Let the steam escape in it's own pace and open the cooker to cool down the mixture..
- After the contents have cooled, blend it in a mixer or using a blender. Now you can either strain the result in a soup strainer to remove the tomato seeds and skin that didn't get disintegrated (guarantees the smoothness usually associated with soup) or use the blended mixture as it is. I prefer to use the non strained version as it gives a thicker consistency and great texture without wasting anything..
- Now pour the soup back into a pan. Add the tomato puree to enhance the tomato flavour and bring to a boil. Then add the fresh cream to make the soup thick and rich..
- Finally, chop up some spring onions and mix it in. Serve with crisp croutons on top and grilled cheese sandwiches on the side..
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup is delicious soup recipe made with fresh tomatoes,carrots, bell pepper,onion,basil & garnished with cream and croutons. Indian Veggie Delight is all about exotic Indian vegetarian recipes. Food is my true love and cooking is my all time passion. View top rated Creamy tomato soup indian recipes with ratings and reviews. Enjoy this meatless pasta as is, or serve it with.