Lentils and Bacon Soup.
You can have Lentils and Bacon Soup using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentils and Bacon Soup
- It’s 150 grams of Dried lentil beans.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 of cm Fresh ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper (optional).
- You need 1 of heaping teaspoon Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of Vegetable or chicken stock.
- You need 3 of lashers Bacon.
- You need 1 of to garnish Daikon radish sprouts (optional).
- It’s 1 of squeeze Lemon.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of refer to the step Water.
Lentils and Bacon Soup instructions
- Finely chop the tomato, onion, garlic, and ginger. Soak 150 g of lentils in 400 ml of water in a heatproof dish..
- Heat oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic and ginger. Microwave the lentils for 15 minutes..
- Add the onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the color becomes like this..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cayenne pepper and coriander. Mix well. If you stir over heat, it becomes thick and sticky..
- Slice the bacon into strips and fry without oil (use oil rendered from the bacon) until crisp..
- Remove the lentils from the microwave. It's cooked if it's soft like mashed potatoes..
- Add lentils with the water to the paste made in Step 4. Add water (not listed) until 4 to 5 cm above the surface, and mix well..
- If you mix well, the result will be a slightly thick soup. If it's too dense, dilute with water..
- Add a modest amount of soup stock and 4/3 of the bacon. Simmer over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust the taste by adding salt..
- Top with the remaining bacon and lemon, and enjoy. Squeeze some lemon juice before serving..
- It goes well with rice, naan, and bread. You could mix in a portion of rice into the curry and let the flavors meld..