Butternut Squash Soup. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need of Butternut Squash seeded, peeled, chopped.
- It’s of yellow onion sliced into half moons thinly.
- You need of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of coriander seeds crushed.
- Prepare of rosemary crushed with coriander.
- It’s of ground sage.
- It’s of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of or less heavy cream.
This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Peel seed and chop squash.
- Slice onion and crush the coriander and rosemary.
- Put butter and onion into pot and saute.
- Add seasonings.
- Add squash and stock.
- Cook until squash is very very soft. Turn off heat.
- I use a food mill but a blender works just as well. Laddle into blender only half and whizz until nicely creamy..
- Finish blending all mixture and pour back into pot. Check salt and pepper adding if needed..
- Set soup to simmer. When simmering, turn off heat and slowly drizzle in the cream. I only used 1/8th a cup of cream use as much as you would like..
- Stir cream in and serve. We put chopped cooked bacon and a little cheddar. Enjoy!.
Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and makes the soup easier to prepare (as you. A soul-warming, flavorful soup that's perfect for fall and winter. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter.