Oha soup. Oha soup is one of Nigeria's most delicious soup. Learn how to prepare ora soup the exact way an Igbo woman would like to do it, then a lot about other Nigerian foods. And the best oha soup is made from fresh oha leaves.
Oha soup is all I've been craving lately and I really wanted to share my recipe with you. If you've gotten your hands on fresh oha leaves, make a pot of oha soup. This Nigerian specialty is thickened with cocoyam paste and seasoned with smoked fish, dried shrimp, and your favorite meats. You can cook Oha soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oha soup
- It’s 5 kg of Cow meat.
- Prepare 2.5 kg of Cow skin.
- It’s 2.5 kg of Cow shaki/tripe.
- You need of Palmoil 2 cooking spoons.
- It’s of Knorr cubes two.
- Prepare of Oha leaf 200grams.
- Prepare of Oziza leaf 200grams.
- It’s 50 grams of Achi.
- It’s of Dried Cameroun pepper 10pcs blended.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 200 grams of stock fish.
- It’s 20 grams of Crayfish.
Oha Soup, popularly referred to as Ofe Oha by the Igbo people of Eastern Nigeria is an absolutely delicious traditional soup recipe. See recipes for OHA soup, Title: Banga OHA SOUP too. Oha soup is a traditional soup similar to the bitter leaf soup but cooked with oha leaves. Oha leaves is used in preparing oha soup, it is called ora leaves in some areas in the Eastern part of Nigeria like in.
Oha soup step by step
- Get your ingredients together.
- Wash and cut meat into small parts. Include your stockfish. Season with salt and knorr cube and steam without water on fire.
- The water in the meat would come out. After 15mins. Add water a little above the meat and stockfish. Continue topping up water till its soft.
- Cut your vegetables. When meat is soft add your two cooking spoonfuls of palmoil. Then add the achi and crayfish. The achi would thicken it so you might need to add some water. Then add your washed and cut vegetables..
- Allow to boil for 3minutes with low heat and serve.
- This can last me and my family for two weeks..
Oha soup known as ofe oha is a soup native to the Eastern people of Nigeria. I once saw someone post a poison as oha soup, please that is not our oha, lol. Another sister complained the leaves were. Oha soup is all I've been craving lately and I really wanted to share my recipe with you. Achi Soup with bitter leaf, achi soup with oha or achi soup with okazi are all various ways to prepare achi soup.