Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup. Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to Excellent recipe. I did add pancetta when cooking the garlic and leeks.
Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. You can cook Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup
- It’s 6 of good size Potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 4 of Leeks cleaned well. Slice down the middle and cut into thin half moon slices.
- Prepare 1 of chunk of Pancetta (I used “hot”).
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of Orange Lentils (Dry).
- You need 2 of Onions coarsely chopped.
- It’s 4 cups of Vegetable Stock (or chicken).
- Prepare 3 cups of Water.
- It’s of Salt to taste (You can add pepper).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need handful of Chives and dry Parsley.
Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy French soup that's cosy and comforting and also ideal for elegant dinners. Garlic butter base, croutons on top! What goes in Leek and Potato Soup. Here what you need: Leeks – essential for a LEEK soup!! Though if you are desperate to make this an.
Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup step by step
- In a soup pot, heat Oil. Sauté the Pancetta for 5 minutes. Add Onions and Garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes. Stirring often. Add Leeks. Sauté all together for another 10 minutes (or until you think it looks married and ready). Add Potatoes, Lentils and Stock. Bring to a boil. Once it has a rolling boil going, lower to simmer. Simmer for approx 2 hours. Taste for saltiness. If the Pancetta didn’t salt it enough, add Salt to taste..
- Top with Parsley and Chives before serving. My husband added a couple teaspoons of plain Greek Yogurt to his soup bowl to cream it up. You can also top it with grated Parmigiana Cheese to add more of a salty taste. We ate this with oven heated crusty Italian bread .
Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this potato leek soup is the perfect companion to any cold weather dinner. This leek and potato soup recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. Of the winter soups, leek and potato is one of the most comforting and familiar – and Darina Allen's makes the most of seasonal, local veg. This potato leek soup is heavy on the leeks, with just enough potato to give the soup its signature creamy texture.