Roasted Butternut Soup. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. Roasting the butternut squash gives so much more depth of flavor! Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video!
If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a. Learn how to make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup! Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Bacon. You can cook Roasted Butternut Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Soup
- It’s 1 kg of Butternut, cubed.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 Litre of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 5 Sprigs of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 250 ml of Cream.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
You can find the detailed recipe for this Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (with variations!) down below. Learn to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup blended with sautéed onions and tart apples. Chowhound's recipe includes a how-to video, step-by-step. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple!
Roasted Butternut Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius..
- Place butternut cubes, quartered onion and unpeeled cloves of garlic in a roasting dish lined with baking paper. Give a good drizzle of olive oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Roast until butternuts are soft and slighly charry (about 40 mins). I bought my butternuts sliced already, but if you only have whole butternuts, save yourself the effort of peeling and chopping and cut them into quarters with the seeds removed, this takes about an hour to roast..
- Once butternut is cooked, remove the onion and saute in some butter with fresh thyme until slightly caramelised and soft..
- Remove thyme sprigs from pot and strip off all the little leaves. Discard the sprigs and add the leaves back into the pot..
- Add butternut (remove skins if using whole butternuts) to pot. Squeeze the roasted garlic from it's skin and add to pot..
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add cream and puree with a stick blender until smooth..
- Serve with fresh bread and a drizzle of cream. Optional: add crispy bacon bits and/or blue cheese crumbles as a garnish. .
We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available. This soup is super easy to make. All you have to do is literally throw your ingredients into a roasting pan, let the oven do its work, then puree and serve. A classic roasted butternut squash soup, flavoured with a little apple and maple syrup.