Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup. This Chicken Tortilla Soup does not taste like healthy food, even though it is and is packed with veggies. Tortilla Soup is a classically Mexican dish that has a tomato and broth base. Typically it is filled with vegetables and chicken, though pork or turkey can also be used in place of the chicken.
This makes me want to bust out my crock pot ASAP! It's the perfect weather today for soup (and stress free cooking)! Chicken Tortilla Soup – Sopa de Tortilla con Pollo. You can have Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs (boneless skinless)= I boil mine.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 14 oz of can chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of milk (I use Horizon organic 2%).
- Prepare 1 cup of prepared salsa.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can black beans.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 tsp of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix.
Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more. A quick, no-fuss version of chicken tortilla soup!
Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened..
- Add the flour and stir well. Cooking for 1 more minute..
- Add the broth and the milk..
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and oregano seasoning. ((I make my own salsa. So that's the prepared salsa I use.)) Add salt if needed..
- Add tortilla strips, sour cream and shredded cheese. I use fritos and crush them up in a bag and add garlic powder to them..
All you do is put everything into the slow cooker, and turn it on. Then garnish with baked corn tortilla strips! All Reviews for Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup – A quick and easy, no-fuss chicken tortilla soup with so many amazing flavors! Heating instructions stove top: remove LID & film.