Broccoli, Pea and blue cheese soup. For years, I wished that I could duplicate the broccoli and cheese at Chili's, where I worked in college. But since it wasn't made at the restaurant, I couldn't. Stir through the herbs, lemon zest and juice, then blitz the soup with a stick blender until completely smooth.
Broccoli-cheese soup gets a modern, vitamin-rich upgrade with the addition of sweet green peas and umami Parmesan cheese. Make this soup recipe a meal by serving it with a big leafy green salad and a plenty of buttered toast. What Makes the Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup So Good? You can have Broccoli, Pea and blue cheese soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli, Pea and blue cheese soup
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli including the stems.
- It’s 2 cm of wedge of blue cheese I used gambozola.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of chopped clove of garlic.
- You need of salt and white pepper to season.
- You need pinch of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1 of chicken or veg stock cube.
More copycat restaurant soup recipes to try: Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the leeks, onion and garlic and cook them until softened and lightly. And I, for one, am here for it. ♡.
Broccoli, Pea and blue cheese soup instructions
- Chop the broccoli steam and sweet of in the pan add the seasoning and spices.
- Add enough water to cover and the the veg stock and bring to the boil..
- Add the bicarbonate of soda. this helps to cook the stems and keep the green colour. when soft top up the liquid.
- When cook blend. now add the broccoli florets and cheese, cook thisnot to long and blend again. this time add the peas the heat of the soup will cook the peas and the colour should stay.
- I served mine with a little cheese on toast and roasted broccoli on tom.
I already have a list a mile long on my phone of. Make this broccoli cheese soup recipe with leftover blue cheese. Try this easy soup for Boxing Day. A broccoli soup is a wonderful winter soup to quickly whip up when you need some green vegetables and you've had enough of all that Christmas turkey and ham! The most popular new book about soup and only soup comes from British restaurateur John Vincent and food writer Jane Vincent.