Chicken and Chorizo Soup.
You can have Chicken and Chorizo Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Chorizo Soup
- It’s 1.5 lbs of chicken medium dice.
- Prepare 1 lb of chorizo sausage-casings removed.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper-small dice.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- It’s 1 of med red onion small dice.
- You need 1 cup of shred carrots- can have small dice too.
- You need 1 of lemon juiced.
- Prepare 1 of lime juiced.
- You need 1 TBS of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need .25 tsp of saffron or safflower threads.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley minced.
- It’s 1 can of whole corn.
- You need 2 cans of rotel- no salt.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth- mine was salt free store bought.
Chicken and Chorizo Soup step by step
- Heat 5 quart stock pot over med-high heat. Cook chicken and Chorizo..
- Remove chicken and Chorizo from pot..
- Using fat from chorizo to sauté garlic, onion, carrots and peppers. Drain excess fat from veggies and discard.
- Add meat and veggies back to pot. Add the juices, rotel, corn, seasonings, and broth..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 min..
- When close to be finished cooking add parsley to pot. If using dried parsley add with rest of seasoning..
- Serve with rice, beans, fresh cilantro, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc….