Creamy cheesey potatoe bacon soup. This Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon is the perfect winter soup. Made with simple ingredients, this soup is the definition of comfort food. Creamy thick and rich. this Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup recipe is great for a cool winter evening.
A creamy, cheesy potato soup that gets a shortcut with cream soups. I am talking of course about Campbell's condensed soups! And, for me, it really does need to be Campbell's because the generics just do not stack up in flavor in my little ole humble. You can cook Creamy cheesey potatoe bacon soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy cheesey potatoe bacon soup
- You need 2 containers of chicken soup broth.
- Prepare 4 of medium size potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small green pepper.
- It’s 4 of white mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of kernel corn.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of herb due provence.
- Prepare 1 package of bacon.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need of approx. 1/2 cup flour.
- It’s 3 cups of cream.
- You need 1 package of Velveeta cheese or 2 cups shredded cheddar.
- It’s of fresh green onion parsley and/or cilantro.
A great weeknight meal when you want something that will stick to your ribs but don't want to spend a Use the potato cooking liquid with a tsp of chicken bouillon mixed in. I make a lot of soup. Our Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon feeds a crowd, freezes well, and it comes together in a single Dutch oven. This Instant Pot Potato Soup Is Easy, Creamy, and Loaded with Bacon.
Creamy cheesey potatoe bacon soup step by step
- Chop potato, celery, onion, carrots, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic and combine with soup broth corn and seasonings in large pot. Bring to boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- In a separate pot melt butter on medium heat and then slowly add flour until the liquid is absorbed and you have a thick paste. Slowly add cream and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Once at a boil add cheese and stir until melted..
- Mix cream cheese sauce into soup and add crumbled bacon..
- Top with fresh chopped green onion, parsley, and/or cilantro..
- Enjoy! Soup gets thicker once cooled and reheated the next day.
This version gets an irresistible thick and creamy texture from a combination of milk and cream cheese, and cooking the vegetables in rendered bacon fat gives the whole thing a subtle, smoky. In a large soup pot, add cut potatoes, chopped onion, onion soup mix, dried parsley flakes and enough water to cover. On high heat bring a boil, then cover and reduce Add milk and flour mixture and stir well with bacon grease. Increase heat to medium low, stirring constantly until thick and creamy. Use potatoes, onions, and chicken bouillon to make a nourishing potato soup in minutes.