Fisherman Soup. Fisherman Soup is popular Nigerian soup around the south south and south east areas. Restaurants in Calabar, Uyo and Port Harcourt have this soup on their. Technically, Fisherman's soup is just a fish broth made with Palm oil.
This hearty fish soup was originally prepared by fishermen along the banks of the Danube and Tisza Rivers, but has since become one. Learn how to make Fisherman's Soup. Add the crab, in the shell, to the soup. You can cook Fisherman Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fisherman Soup
- You need 1/2 kg of cat fish cleaned.
- It’s 10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko).
- You need 2 cups of sliced uziza leaves.
- Prepare of ball pack Coco yam as thickener.
- Prepare 1 of cksp palm oil.
- It’s 1/2 of bulb onion.
- You need 3 cubes of knorr.
- It’s 2 cups of periwinkles (isam) without shell cleaned.
- You need 2 cups of clam (ngolo) without shell cleaned.
- You need 2 cup of mussels without the shell cleaned.
- It’s 2 tbsp of blended crayfish.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 5 of fresh pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of fresh prawns cleaned.
Finely chop the vegetables and boil. When ready, strain and remove the vegetables. Add the various types of fish, chopped in small pieces; strain the fish pieces liquid into another pot. Strain the fish, removing all bones at the same time.
Fisherman Soup step by step
- To clean your cat fish: place cat fish into a bowl and pour some boiling water into the bowl and cover it. Leave for a few minutes and wash off the slimy exterior.
- Put stock fish into a pot roughly blend fresh peppers and pour over stock fish; dice onion into the pot add salt and knorr cube allow it steam till stock fish is tender..
- Add catfish, palm oil and crayfish, cocoyam which is you thicken base, stir gently; and add a little water, allow it cook for about 8 minutes.
- Then add prawns, clams, mussels, periwinkles and please stir gently; remember do not cover the pot..
- Once the seafood is cooked roughly 10 minutes, add uziza leaf, cover pot and turn off heat; allow the steam cook the uziza leaf..
- Serve with rice or any swallow of your choice..
Set the pot to boil and add the Carp pieces, salt and pepper. One of the easiest and healthiest fish soups is the Russian Ukha. Prepared by cooking a fish broth from a Fishing was also part of the day and our picnic lunch included this fisherman's soup – Ukha. Fisherman's Soup: I have been shown how to make a simple fish soup by my mom last summer. We bought a few sea breams for the barbecue and while they had been gutted and cleaned in the.