Green Lentil Soup.
You can have Green Lentil Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of White or yellow onion.
- Prepare 3-4 of Whole chives.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 2.5 pounds of or 3g of Green lentils.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic (optional).
- You need 1 of tomato or tomato paste (preferably without peel).
- It’s of Water to cover ingredients.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chicken bouillon (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sofrito cooking base.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Green peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced peeled carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green beans.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of yellow squash (calabaza).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet corn.
Green Lentil Soup instructions
- Rinse lentils then add to pot with enough water to cover completely..
- Add red pepper (roughly chopped in large pieces), onion (cut in half), garlic, chicken bouillon, whole chives, tomato (whole or paste), salt.
- Stir, combing ingredients then Bring to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, lower flame to Med low and remove onion, whole tomato, chives, and red pepper from pot and set aside to mix in blender..
- Stir lentils and taste water to check if desired salt level has been achieved. If not, we can add more salt after blending remaining ingredients..
- Take ingredients we set aside (red pepper, tomato, chives, onion) and add to blender (or food processor) and make a purée with these ingredients. Add salt if desired then add purée back to lentils stirring to combine and simmer on medium for another 20 minutes or until lentils are at desired tenderness..
- Serve with rice or bread!.