Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is thick, creamy, flavorful, and made extra easy in the crock pot! The first step in this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is probably the most time consuming — chopping up a storm. Chop up lots of potatoes (I strongly recommend Yukon golds), a big onion.
I need to FILL my crockpot, and I'm having trouble. The refined flavor of potatoes and leeks are often overshadowed by bacon and fennel, so here we've gone back to basics, simmering the classic combo all day in the slow cooker. This potato leek soup is heavy on the leeks, with just enough potato to give the soup its signature creamy texture. You can cook Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- It’s 32 oz of Frozen Hash Browns.
- Prepare 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup (10oz).
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
- You need 3 oz of Bacon Bits.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper.
Flavorful: Many Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipes fall short on flavor and taste like disenchanting thick, bland potatoes – not this potato soup! This easy Potato Soup recipe is seasoned to perfection so you won't miss the flavor – or calories. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream.
Amazing Slow Cooker Potato Soup instructions
- Put the potatoes in the slow cooker. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and half of the bacon bits. Add a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Cook on low for eight hours or until potatoes are tender..
- An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the slow cooker. Stir a few times during that hour before serving. Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to be served..
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and additional bacon bits..
Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off This recipe was made in partnership with Smithfield who also sponsored this post for amazing Black Pepper Bacon Biscuits that incidentally would go fabulously with this soup! It may be cooked on the stove or in a slow cooker. Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup. While slow cookers can be used for making everything from pot roast to Thanksgiving dinner, we tend to lean on them most heavily for making incredibly flavorful soups. You can even serve it over pasta or mashed potatoes—but it's also perfect on its own!