Cheesy Tater Casserole.
You can cook Cheesy Tater Casserole using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tater Casserole
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 6 slice of bacon.
- You need 2 tbsp of chives.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 can of campbells cheddar cheese soup.
- Prepare 1/4 packages of velveeta sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- You need 2 tsp of your favorite season salt (i used a prime rib season salt).
- You need 1/2 lb of tillamook mild cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 packages of tater tots.
Cheesy Tater Casserole instructions
- Cut bacon into bit size pieces and brown.
- Remove bacon from pan but leave grease.
- Toss in chopped onion and brown for 4-5 minutes, then add ground beef..
- Add seasoning salt, basil & oregano to ground beef mixture.
- Brown meat and seasonings until ground beef has nice crisp edges (keep setting on burner at 5 or 6).
- Mix 2 cups milk and cheddar cheese soup in a sauce pan and set burner at 5..
- Chop Velveeta sharp cheddar cheese into small cubes and add to milk and soup mixture. When a creamy sauce has developed and all cheese is mixed in pull from burner..
- Mix the beef mixture and cheese sauce together (if beef has too much grease in it drain it first).
- Spread mixture in bottom of 5×9 nonstick pan.
- Shread Tillamook mild cheddar cheese if it wasn't bought already shread..
- Sprinkle a little shreaded cheese to top of mixture in pan.
- Add an even layer of tater tots to top of mixture in 5×9 and salt and pepper them to your liking.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Tillamook cheese on top then evenly spread bacon and chives.
- Bake at 400 until top looks golden brown.