Chicken soup(soto ayam). Soto ayam is a yellow spicy chicken soup with lontong or nasi himpit or ketupat (all compressed rice that is then cut into small cakes) and/or vermicelli or noodles, it is from Indonesia, and popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Suriname. Indonesian 'Soto Ayam' Chicken Noodle Soup – Marion's Kitchen. Soto ayam spesial kuah bening yang super lezat (cara membuatnya mudah banget).
Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it. Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments. You can have Chicken soup(soto ayam) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken soup(soto ayam)
- Prepare 1/2 of chicken,wash and remove the skin.
- Prepare 1 L of water.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of cm galangal,slightly bruished.
- It’s 1 of stalk lemongrass,slightly bruished.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of spring onions ,minced.
- Prepare of MIX IN BLENDER : 5 shallots,4 cloves garlic,2 candlenut(toasted), 1 cm turmeric, 1 cm ginger, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp salt.
- You need of SERVE WITH : 1 tomato(sliced into 8 pieces). 50 grams of vermicelli noodles(boiled for 2 minutes). 100 grams of cabbage(thinly sliced). 100 grams of bean sprouts(boiled). 1 lime(cut round). fried onion. sambal chilli..
Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal. This soup/stew is full of flavours and textures. The recipe is adapted from Wendy Hutton's beautiful book 'Green Mangoes and Lemon Grass'.
Chicken soup(soto ayam) step by step
- Blend the spices..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the ground spices,stir-fry until fragrant..
- Add lemongrass,bay leaves,kaffir lime leaves,galangal. Saute until wilted..
- Add wated and chicken.Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat..
- After 30 minutes passed,remove the chicken from the water and place on a plate..
- Shredded chicken meat into small pieces..
- Back to the broth,add in spring onions and simmer for 5 minutes..
- To serve,take an empty bowl,i put the noodles first,bean sprouts,cabbage,chicken,tomato slices,lime slices and then the soup broth and last sprinkle fried onion. Is so deliciuos and is very good to have chicken soup when it is cold weather like this. Bon appetit!!.
When the chicken is cool enough to handle, discard the skin and remove the flesh from the bones, shredding it finely by hand. 'Soto' means soup and 'ayam' is chicken. It's an Indonesian chicken soup with noodles that is the go-to street food breakfast for many locals. But just as my favourite chicken soup recipe might differ markedly from your chicken soup recipe, there seems to be a soto ayam recipe for every village. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia. This soto ayam recipe is easy, authentic and the best recipe you will find online.