Chicken Tinola. Chicken Tinola is a Filipino soup dish. It involves cooking chicken pieces in ginger broth. Tinola is traditionally cooked with wedges of unripe papaya and malunggay leaves.
You will not find anything like it from our neighboring Asian countries or even around the globe. I would say that next to Adobo, Tinola is the most favorite. This video teach you How to Cook Chicken Tinola. You can cook Chicken Tinola using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tinola
- Prepare 3 lb of Lbs chicken thighs w/skin.
- You need 1 small of Ginger root.
- Prepare 1 packages of Spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot or hard squash.
- You need 1 head of Napa lettuce or Bok choy.
- You need 2 can of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cooking oil.
It is a type of Filipino chicken soup with young papaya or chayote, spinach, malunggay, in ginger broth. How amazing it is to be human. The things we disregard, the things we How to serve. Tinola is traditionally served as a main dish for lunch or dinner.
Chicken Tinola instructions
- Dice onion and garlic while doing this heat oil in large pot.
- Sauté onion and garlic till onion is semi transparent. Mix in ginger root that has been sliced thin. (About 1 inch is all that's needed) add fish sauce.
- Add chicken and mix well ( i turn it over a few times) bout 5 min..
- Add chicken stock and squash or carrots cook for another 10 min or so.
- I cook a bit longer to make sure chicken is done then I put in lettuce and spinach.
- Let it simmer a few and eat it hot!!.
Chicken tinola is a classic Filipino dish that features ginger and onion as its main flavors. By cooking the chicken at a low temperature for a while, you'll bring out its flavor too and sliced green papaya. This is a guest post by my good friend Marivic Pinedo who is sharing with you her favorite childhood Filipino dish today! Growing up in a Filipino household, it was normal. Chicken Tinola Recipe is a nutritious dish and one of the authentic Filipino recipes and it is one of a kind among Asian dishes.