Creamy Potato Bacon Soup. This Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon is the perfect winter soup. Made with simple ingredients, this soup is the definition of comfort food. How to make a Creamy Potato and Bacon Soup.
Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Tip in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat. It is finally FALL…which means soups!! You can have Creamy Potato Bacon Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Bacon Soup
- It’s 2/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- You need 4 large of potatoes ( I used Yukon Gold).
- It’s 7 cup of Milk.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 12 oz of sour cream ( I used an 8oz. container plus half of another 8oz. container).
- Prepare 12 oz of bacon (fried and crumbled).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of minced onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
And one of the first soups I think of is Creamy Potato Bacon Soup. Growing up in Idaho made me grow to LOVE potatoes. Potatoes, on the other hand, are a different story, as well as the rest of the ingredients for this hearty potato chowder. In reality, the word "chowder" refers to any cream-based The bacon adds a salty, smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the creamy soup.
Creamy Potato Bacon Soup step by step
- Melt butter in a 4 qt pot on med-high. Add flour and mix until smooth. It might be alittle lumpy but that's ok. Gradually add milk stirring constantly..
- While milk mixture is cooking, chop your potatoes into really small pieces. Keep an eye on milk mixture and keep stirring so it doesn't stick..
- When milk mixture has thickened, add potatoes and seasonings; salt, pepper, minced onion and garlic powder..
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes. You shouldn't have to stir at all however I like to give it one or two stirs while it simmers just so it won't stick..
- After 10 minutes, turn it back up to med-high, and return to a slight boil stirring just to keep it from sticking and add remaining ingredients; sour cream, bacon and shredded cheese..
- Stir until cheese is melted and serve. Enjoy!.
Serve with crackers, crusty bread, or salad. This easy potato soup gets its creaminess from the addition of sour cream and savory flavor from bacon, onion and garlic. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Working in batches, process in blender with sour cream until. Cozy up with this classic Creamy Potato Soup topped with bacon and cheddar.