Fish ball watercress noodle soup. Fish Ball Soup with Rice Noodles 魚丸河粉. All Reviews for Chinese Homemade Watercress and Fish Ball Soup. You saved Chinese Homemade Watercress and Fish Ball Soup to your Favorites.
For bee hoon (rice vermicelli) (used in this recipe), soak in water for half hour until softened and blanch in boiling water for about a minute. This Chinese fish ball noodle soup makes a tasty change from chicken and sweetcorn. Add the noodles and season with the salt and white pepper. You can cook Fish ball watercress noodle soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish ball watercress noodle soup
- You need 1 packet of Chinese rice noodles.
- Prepare 300 g of watercress.
- It’s 10 of fish balls of your choice.
- You need 6 leaves of fresh basil leaves.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Pepper powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need to taste of Chinese mixed spice powder.
I make noodle soup quite often for lunch on weekends. It's quick and easy so that we can move on and do other fun things! For presentation sake, I put these noodles in my new fancy bowl, but to be Boil a medium pot of water/chicken broth with the ginger. Add the fishballs, fish cake and seafood balls and cook until they float to the surface, then place one of each kind on top of the noodles.
Fish ball watercress noodle soup step by step
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add all the ingredients except the sauces.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until the ingredients are cooked.
- Add the worcestershire and fish sauce.
- Boil on high flame until a thick consistency is reached.
- Break an egg into the pan and mix it thoroughly.
- Remove from stove and garnish with Chinese mix spice powder.
- Serve hot.
Distribute them between the soup noodle bowls. Add the peeled shrimp to the broth and simmer until they curl and turn pink and opaque. Making your own fish balls is the key to keeping this soup hearty and nutritious. Ladle soup, snow peas and fish balls over noodles. Skim off any scum from the top of the soup; season with salt.