Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup. I thought this soup was going to be a completely ho-hum recipe, especially with such minimal ingredients, but I was pleasantly surprised because it was delicious! This hearty butternut squash lentil soup is packed with nutrition and flavour and sure to become a Fall favourite. Enjoy for a healthy plant-based meal.
This is it — with hearty lentils and creamy butternut squash. This soup looks hearty and perfect for this cold weather we are still having. Looks healthy and the recipe easy to follow. You can cook Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup
- Prepare of onion roughly chopped.
- You need of carrot roughly chopped.
- It’s of cabbage leaves roughly chopped.
- You need of pepper roughly chopped (I used a few different leftover ones).
- You need of garlic clove crushed.
- It’s of (roughly) meat/veg stock of your choice (I did beef).
- Prepare of water (roughly).
- You need of Bay leaf.
- It’s of paprika.
- It’s of grated nutmeg.
- You need of butternut squash chopped into bite size pieces.
- Prepare of olive oil/oil alternative.
- You need of savory.
- It’s of tin of green lentils (could soak your own).
This hearty butternut squash lentil soup is a comforting and nutrient dense superfood soup, featuring lentils, kale, and leeks. Ready for the coziest, most comforting superfood This butternut squash lentil soup tastes like a bowl of sunshine. It's chock full of beautiful, colorful healthy ingredients, and it. Delicious winter warmer, full of flavour.
Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c/350°f.
- Put the onions In a pan and cook until lightly brown (can use a bit of oil or water as well to help).
- Put the onions in a pressure cooker or soup pot (just a big metal pot that goes on the hob), add the cabbage, pepper, carrot, garlic clove, bay leaf, paprika and nutmeg. Mix it all together. If using the hop, feel free to do it with the heat on for possible extra browning on other veg..
- Add the stock and water and mix. Let it cook until all the vegetables are soft, remove bay leaf, and then blend..
- Add in the lentils and cook for a further 20 minutes/until lentils are cooked..
- When you put the water and stock with the veg, set out a baking tray and line it with tin foil or baking paper. Spread the butternut squash on the baking tray and add the Savory and Olive oil. Mix together and put in oven, cook for 25 minutes..
- Add the roasted butternut squash to the soup and serve..
- Can garnish with chopped parsely of anything of your choice (like chilli flakes or extra nutmeg) and/or serve with sliced and buttered bread..
This soup is suitable for vegetarians and vegans – simply substitute the cream for coconut milk. A thick, warming vegan lentil soup made with just three ingredients plus stock and seasoning. Remove from the heat and blitz using a stick blender until smooth. Add in carrot and butternut squash cubes; saute for a few more minutes then add in the yellow curry powder and turmeric. Absolutely delicious hearty and so satisfying !!!!