Italian Flavored Tomato Nabe (Hotpot).
You can cook Italian Flavored Tomato Nabe (Hotpot) using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Flavored Tomato Nabe (Hotpot)
- You need 1 can of Canned whole tomatoes ●.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Tomato ketchup ●.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil ●.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic ●.
- It’s 3 slice of Bacon ●.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion ●.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Red wine ●.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soup stock granules ●.
- You need 1 of to 2 leaves Bay leaf.
- You need 300 ml of Water ●.
- You need 1 of Potato.
- It’s 4 of Wiener sausages.
- It’s 1/8 of Cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 each of Carrot, onion, shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Spinach.
- It’s 6 of florets Broccoli.
- It’s 200 grams of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need of To finish:.
- It’s 60 grams of Pizza cheese ●.
- It’s 1 of Basil leaves (dried is ok).
- Prepare 1 of Parmesan cheese.
Italian Flavored Tomato Nabe (Hotpot) step by step
- Slice the garlic thinly. Shred up the bacon. Make diagonal cuts into the wiener sausages. Slice the carrots, and optionally cut them out with decorative cutters..
- Slice the onion thinly. Divide the broccoli into florets, and make cutouts out of the stems. Cut up the rest of the vegetables into easy to eat pieces..
- The potato, carrot and broccoli stems are tougher so put them in a heatproof container with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic film and microwave for about 3 minutes..
- Sauté the garlic and bacon in olive oil in a pot over low heat. When the bacon exudes fat, add the onion and keep sautéeing..
- When the onion has wilted and started to brown, add the red wine and the canned tomatoes, crushing the latter. Add the water and bay leaf and raise the heat to high..
- Add the soup stock and ketchup, stir to dissolve and then add the prepped solid ingredients. Cover with a lid. When it comes to a boil lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes..
- Take the lid off and add the pizza cheese and optional dried basil. Put the lid back on, cook for another 5 minutes and it's done..
- As long as you follow the ● ingredient amounts, you can add whatever else you like. Adding Parmesan cheese and black pepper to your plate is delicious too..
- A "shime" or finish for the hotpot idea – pasta. Simmer the leftover soup to reduce it, and add firm cooked pasta. Season with ketchup and a little salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan cheese..
- Another finish for the hotpot is risotto. Mix the soup and cooked rice together, put into an ovenproof dish, top with pizza cheese, panko, ketchup and mayonnaise in layers, and bake until browned..
- Another "shime" or finish for the hotpot idea – rissotto with egg. Add cooked rice to soup and bring to a boil. Add an egg per serving and stir. Stop cooking when the egg is soft set..
- Another "shime" or finish for the hotpot idea – Italian flavored udon noodles. Heat up the leftover hotpot ingredients with frozen udon noodles. When the noodles have loosened up, add cheese and beaten egg, put on a lid and cook until the egg is soft set. Eat the noodles while mixing them with the egg..