Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Chicken Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season! It's loaded with potato gnocchi, tender chicken, fresh veggies and a rich creamy broth. This Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup makes for the perfect dinner any day of the week and it's definitely one of those recipes everyone can.
This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is pretty quick when all is said and done. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken if you have some, but I typically just buy rotisserie chicken when I want to make a soup like this. This is such an easy soup recipe (maybe not the greatest thing for the summer) as it's very hearty and warm, but I still enjoy eating it throughout the year! You can have Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- You need 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic – minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of half & half.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1/2 of of a rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) – chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of (packed) fresh spinach – roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of package gnocchi.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Chicken gnocchi soup is a copycat of the Olive Garden's. It's so quick and simple to make, you can have a restaurant quality soup any day of the week. Chicken gnocchi soup originally won my husband over when he tried it at the Olive Garden. He kept taking me out to eat so often that I finally.
Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup step by step
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. As soon as butter melts add onion and garlic. Sautée until onion is translucent, stirring often..
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking frequently..
- Wisk in chicken broth, half & half, thyme, celery seed, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, wisking frequently. Simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring often. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note1: This makes a hearty, thick soup. If you would like your soup a little thinner you can add up to 1 more cup of chicken broth..
- Note2: If you want to cut some of the fat you can replace 1 cup of half & half with milk. You could go with all milk, but then it wouldn't have the same richness..
This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect comfort food. This better than Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup recipe will become a family And I must say, this chicken gnocchi soup copycat recipe has quickly become a staple in our home. I hope it becomes a staple in yours as well. Thick, creamy and oh so cozy. A big bowl of this delicious chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day!