tomato, basil, & roasted red pepper soup. Tomatoes, basil, onion and garlic simmer for two hours for an authentic home-cooked flavor. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes!
Tomatoes and Basil give it a refreshing splash! This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes (which you roast to perfection), several cups of fresh basil. You can cook tomato, basil, & roasted red pepper soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of tomato, basil, & roasted red pepper soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of onion, diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 can of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce (15 ounces).
- You need 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish – or- 1 1/2 Tbsp. dried basil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of half and half – or – condensed milk.
Serve Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, made with canned and fresh plum tomatoes, for an elegant starter from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. This tomato basil frittata is like a crustless quiche that is super simple to make. Sometimes I surprise myself with just how tasty simple recipes can be, and this tomato basil frittata is a great example. Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, basil, crushed tomatoes, broth, baking soda, and thyme.
tomato, basil, & roasted red pepper soup instructions
- saute onion in oil until soft..
- Add garlic and chopped peppers and saute 2 minutes..
- add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, sugar, pepper, and basil. simmer 5 minutes..
- blend with either a blender, immersion blender, or food processor.
- add half and half or condensed milk. warm through, but do not boil..
This easy tomato basil pasta features that classic pairing of ripe tomatoes and peppery basil, taken to new heights with tangy balsamic and Parmesan cheese. Juicy plump tomatoes & aromatic fresh basil come together beautifully in this fresh & vibrant Easy The easiest Tomato Basil Soup EVER and it's so fresh & vibrant. It's no secret we LOVE pasta around here! And I have a feeling you love it, too! Because this one pot pasta tomato basil pasta is so delicious!