Beef Burgundy Soup. Comfort food dinners like this Beef Burgundy Mushroom Soup recipe are all I have on my mind these days! Beef, mushrooms & noodles in a tasty, creamy broth! Beef Burgundy I. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Beef Burgundy is a classic French stew and usually is a comforting weekend dinner when you have Not so with this easy beef burgundy recipe, this one, unbelievably, takes only ninety minutes (it takes. Add beef, onion and garlic; sprinkle with pepper. Stir in carrots, wine and soup. You can cook Beef Burgundy Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Burgundy Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Beef, cubed.
- You need of AP flour.
- You need of Salt/Pepper.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions, julienne.
- You need 1 of large carrot, diced.
- It’s 3 of celery sticks, diced.
- You need 2 T of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 c of Dry red wine.
- It’s 3 of Q beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 T of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 c of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 of russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional).
- You need to taste of salt/pepper.
Be the first to rate & review! Put beef into a soup pot with wine, beef base, consomme, onion, celery, parsley, basil, bay leaves and garlic salt. Beef Burgundy or Beef Bourguignon are actually a type of beef stew. Beef stew, as we know it Beef Burgundy however has mushrooms and bacon and red wine.
Beef Burgundy Soup instructions
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking.
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat..
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed..
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated..
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer..
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente..
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!.
Not all Beef Stews have those. Beef bourguignon doesn't have to take hours in your oven, you can make it low and slow right in your crockpot and come home to an amazing meal! This time of year, I'm torn. Share: Rate this Recipe I supply a no-fuss entrée, such as Beef Burgundy. If I have time, I like to buy a variety of red and white wines for tasting and comparing.