Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut. Pureed sweet potatoes are topped with coconut and pumpkinseed kernels making this soup perfect for fall. Gingered Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Coconut and Pumpkinseeds. A super simple recipe that's not only healthy but delicious.
Ginger gives it a nice kick keeping you toasty throughout the winter. Add the stock and coconut milk. A sweet and spicy soup with sweet potato, coconut milk, and yellow curry powder. You can cook Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut
- You need 30 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 kg of peeled and chopped kumara (sweet potato or you can use Pumkin).
- It’s 250 ml of cream.
- It’s 1 liter of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 125 ml of coconut cream.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Extra cream and toasted shaved coconut to serve.
Plenty creamy with a slight crunch and heartiness from spicy Let's talk soup. Once melted add the finely chopped red onion and Whilst the soup is cooking it's time to make the toasted coconut flakes. These add some texture to the soup and they taste so delicious! Enjoy all of the classic flavours of a creamy korma curry in this aromatic sweet potato soup recipe, made with crunchy peanut butter and warmly spiced with fragrant ginger, coriander and garlic.
Creamy gingered Kumara (sweet potato) soup with toasted coconut instructions
- Heat the butter in a medium pot and saute the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric for 2-3 minutes over low heat until fragrant and soft..
- Add the kumara and stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the kumara is soft..
- Blend the kumara in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth. Add the cream and coconut cream and season to taste..
- Reheat the soup gently and serve with a swirl of extra cream and a sprinkling of toasted, shaved coconut..
- To toast coconut place 1 cup into a pan and heat over medium heat mixing with a wooden spoon until golden. Be careful not to over brown or burn. Can be stored in an air tight container for future use..
Sweet potato soup is made Asian style with coconut milk and curry paste. I prefer this type of soup creamy so I peeled and cubed the sweet potatos then boiled them (faster than baking) I them added the water from boiling to my vegetable broth for more sweet potato flavour and blended. This sweet potato soup is creamy and smooth, filled with fresh ginger flavor and blended with coconut milk. Silky sweet potato soup just SOUNDS like something I want to eat on a Monday. Another big hug in a bowl; a comforting, smooth pot of flavor that is satisfying and generally not.