Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup. Discover a delicious split pea soup recipe with ham hocks, carrots, and dried split peas. It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home.
No ham bone required and the addition of chipotle peppers and Canadian Bacon makes it unique! Crock Pot Vegetarian Split Pea Soup (Vegan)The Spruce. Very little prep, just layer in crock pot/slow cooker, leave it for the day and a filling, delicious soup will be ready for dinner. You can cook Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
- It’s of split peas.
- Prepare of med. onion (diced).
- You need of carrots (diced).
- It’s of celery (chopped).
- It’s of potatoes (diced).
- Prepare of garlic (finely chopped).
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of salt&pepper.
This recipe is a very versatile base split pea soup. For a Vegan option, omit the meat. I have made this recipe using ham, ham hock, and bacon. I have used veggie broth, chicken.
Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Throw everything in to the Crock-Pot. (Ran out of onion, used 3-4 tbs onion powder instead).
- Tips: *For vegan, substitute chicken broth with all water *For more chicken flavor omit water for all broth *Add cooked cubed ham or cooked chopped bacon for more meatiness.
- High 4-5 hours. Low: 6-8. Depending on Crock-Pot..
- Ready when soup is creamy..
This crockpot split pea soup recipe is not only good and healthy but really inexpensive to make too! If you don't have a leftover ham bone you usually can find a ham hocks/shanks in the meat dept for next to nothing. This Crockpot Split Pea Soup has all the flavors of the old fashioned soup favorite and cooks up in your slow cooker. Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts! Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking!