French onion soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with.
Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe! It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. French onion soup can be a little fussy, time-consuming, and tear-inducing, but if you've got a few hours on a rainy Saturday, there are few better ways to spend it than in the pursuit of this classic. You can cook French onion soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French onion soup
- It’s 5 of different types of onions. ones that you like.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 3-4 cans of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of a healthy squirts of worcetshire.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of tblspn of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 of croutons or crusty bread.
- Prepare 1 of swiss, provolone, or gruyere cheese. whatever floats your boat.
Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe. French onion soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. For years, I haven't been able to find a good vegetarian version of it, because it's traditionally made with beef broth.
French onion soup step by step
- When they are good. Add beef broth or stock.
- Squirt Worcestershire in. Yum!.
- Let simmer for 2 or so hours and your house will smell like heaven.
- When ready add soup to ramiken top with bread and melt your cheese in your oven. I do 450 until cheese is gooey and brown and bubbly.
Making truly authentic French Onion Soup is easier than you think! This wonderful, simple and flavorful soup is the perfect warm dish for winter! French onion soup is a hearty dish made with the comforting flavors of onions, beef stock, bread and cheese. Some variations call for chunks of beef, but in the classic rendition, the onions are the star. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world.