Grace Parisi Classic Chicken Soup.
You can have Grace Parisi Classic Chicken Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grace Parisi Classic Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1 of 3-pound Chicken.
- You need 3 1/2 quart of Water.
- You need 4 of Carrots.
- Prepare 4 of Celery ribs.
- Prepare 1 of Unpeeled onion.
- Prepare 1 of Unpeeled garlic clove, smashed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Whole black peppercorns.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 6 of Parsley sprigs.
- You need 2 of Thyme sprigs.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt.
Grace Parisi Classic Chicken Soup step by step
- In a stockpot, combine the chicken and neck, water, chopped carrots and celery, onion, garlic, peppercorns and herbs; bring to a boil..
- Cover partially and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes..
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Discard the skin. Pull the meat off the bones, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and refrigerate..
- Return the bones to the pot. Simmer for about 1 hour..
- Strain the broth into a bowl and rinse out the pot. Return the broth to the pot and boil for 30 minutes. Season with salt..
- Add the sliced carrots and celery to the broth, cover and simmer until just tender, 12 minutes..
- Add the chicken and parsley to the pot and bring to a simmer..