Hearty Bacon and Lentil Soup.
You can cook Hearty Bacon and Lentil Soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty Bacon and Lentil Soup
- You need 1 lb of lentils.
- You need 8 slice of smoked bacon.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 1 large of onion finely chopped.
Hearty Bacon and Lentil Soup step by step
- Put lentils in a large pan and cover with cold water. Make sure the water is at least an inch deeper than lentils. Leave pan uncovered..
- Bring to boil for a couple of minutes then cover pan and simmer for 10 mins. Keep an eye on it as it can boil over. If you think it needs more water add 1/2 pint. It can be reduced if you add to much..
- Slice carrots and celery into bite size pieces..
- Cut bacon into inch sized pieces.
- Saute bacon, onion, celery, leek, carrots and garlic for 10 mins..
- Add bacon mix to lentils and simmer for 10 mins..
- Blend if you like..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with warm crusty bread..