Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam).
You can cook Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- It’s of For Broth.
- You need of Chicken (i use around 300gr).
- Prepare 1 litre of Water for boil.
- You need 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon grass powder (fresh will be better).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried Galangal (fresh will better).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger powder + 1 dried ginger (fresh will be better).
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of shallots (i used red onion).
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 1/4 of nutmeg since i dont wan't strong taste of it.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of For Servings.
- It’s of Boiled eggs.
- You need of White cabbage – shredded.
- It’s of Green onion – chopped.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Perkedel.
- Prepare of Fried onion (see in my other recipe).
- Prepare of Vermicelli noodles (i don't have, i use rice).
- It’s of Kaffir limes (i use lemon).
- Prepare of Sambal (chili sauce/ paste).
- You need of Sweet soya sauce.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) step by step
- Prepare Pot, put 1 litre water. Boil it. Add chicken and bay leaves.
- Smash garlic, candlenuts, coriander seeds, ginger, galangal, nutmeg and onion until it become paste (you can use food processor).
- Fry the paste add turmeric powder, lemongrass powder, cumin powder, salt & white pepper.
- Add the fried seasonings above into pot.
- After the chicken cooked well take chicken, let it cool and shred it..
- Meanwhile prepare for servings, soak bean sprouts and white cabbage in hot water until it soft and rinse it.
- The servings, shredded white cabbage, tomatoes, bean sprouts, shredded chicken, chopped green onions, boiled eggs, fried onion, fritter potato (Perkedel/ frikadel).
- Meanwhile prepare your bowl, fill with vermicelli / rice / rice cake shredded cabagge, bean sprouts, sambal, green onion, boiled egg halved, add the broth. Add fried onion & perkedel.
- With rice cake (Lontong).