JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA. Debbie reveals her TOP SECRET INGREDIENT for the BEST split pea soup, plus a bonus pea recipe. This soup, made with the bacon stock from Boiled Smoked Bacon, is so named because of the thick, dense 'peasouper' London fogs that were so prevalent After that the bacon and softened vegetables can be transferred to join the stock and split peas. Then add some salt and freshly milled pepper, put.
Love the Dutch name and the soup tastes very good but the recipe has serious problems. The dried split peas are well cooked breaking up and coloring. Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes You can cook JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA
- Prepare of dry split green peas.
- You need of smoked bacon slices.
- It’s of bacon fat.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of onions, small diced.
- You need of carrot, small diced.
- You need of celery, small diced.
- You need of fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare of fresh oregano, chopped.
- It’s of basil leaves cut in strips.
- It’s of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Prepare of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Prepare of baguette bread slices.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- It’s of feta cheese, small diced.
- It’s of chopped oregano.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of paprika powder.
I've discovered the delights of a Greggs cheese and bacon wrap – they're so delicious but even better than that. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends. This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup. This Split Pea Soup Recipe with Bacon has a thick and creamy, split pea base, loaded with veggies, seasonings and tons of crunchy, salty bacon.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA step by step
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
They come in sweet green or a mild yellow varieties. Split Pea Soup with Bacon and Crispy White Cheddar Grilled Cheese. This unique soup combines the best of split pea and potato soups with some crispy bacon for extra flavor. Between the bacon and chicken broth, this soup already has a lot of flavor going on, so you don't Serve with crusty bread or garnishes like shredded cheddar cheese or sliced green onions. To me, split pea soup tastes like home.