Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup. While soup is cooking, cut tortillas into thin strips. In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Garnish with shredded cheese, tomato, avocado, and green onions.
This low-cal Southwestern chicken soup recipe is so easy to make and a great way to sneak in veggies and fiber. This healthy gluten-free, dairy-free recipe has a little kick and is packed with Southwestern flavors. This healthy chicken vegetable soup seems even richer with the smoky flavor from roasted poblano peppers and garlic. You can cook Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup
- It’s of Chicken Breasts, Strips Or Rotisserie [shredded].
- You need of Cans Chicken Broth.
- It’s of Maggi Chicken Bullion.
- You need of Hatch Green Chilies [reserve 2 for finish].
- You need of LG Jalapeños [chopped].
- It’s of Cilantro [no stems].
- It’s of LG Viadailla Onion [chopped].
- It’s of LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Prepare of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- You need of Celery [chopped].
- You need of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of EX LG Tomato [or 2 small].
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- You need of Small Red Onion [for garnish].
- You need of Hunts Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Potatos [peeled and diced].
- You need of ● For The Options & Sides.
- You need of LG Egg Noodles.
- It’s of Fresh Warmed Flour Tortillas.
- You need of Fresh French Bread.
Southwestern Vegetable & Chicken Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This top-rated Southwestern chicken soup is a great way to use up leftover chicken. The creamy chunks of avocado add a richness that's unusual Really enjoyed this soup and left overs the next day were even better. Used left over thanksgiving turkey in place of chicken.
Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup step by step
- Add 5 cans chicken broth, 1 tbsp Cumin and 2 cans Hatch Green Chilies to your rinsed and fat trimmed chicken..
- Boil chicken in seasoned broth for 30 minutes..
- Rough chop your vegetables..
- Add your chopped vegetables to your broth..
- Maggi makes one of the best chicken bouillon powders out there and is most commonly used in Mexican cooking..
- Add your 8 oz tomato sauce, 1 tbsp Maggi, 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper and 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper..
- Mix and simmer on high for 20 more minutes. Try slightly shredding your chicken while it's in the pot with forks. It should shread apart pretty easy for you. If not, it should do it on its own..
- At this point, you can add noodles or small potato cubes. If opting for noodles, boil them separately as per manufactures directions. Then, add to your soup. Otherwise you'll end up with a starchy, murky, gross looking broth. If it's potatoes you want, just throw them in your simmering soup with your vegetables for 20 minutes or, until they're softened. Also, add your remaining 2 4 oz cans of Hatch Green Chilies and a good handful of fresh cilantro leaves just prior to serving. You'll definitely want this layered effect..
- I always serve this with fresh lime wedges, green tabasco, warmed flour tortillas or, absorbent French bread..
- Serve piping hot. Garnish with red onions and fresh cilantro. [sorry. the old boy forgot his red onion garnish] Anyway, I hope you and yours enjoy this dish!.
This is a taste test/review of the Mike's Mighty Good: Chicken Ramen Soup. Learn how to make Southwestern chicken soup & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Your Southwestern Chicken Soup is our favorite, but we can no longer find it in any of the stores in our area. Can you tell me which stores carry this product?