momma's Turkey and rice soup. Add cooked rice and turkey meat to soup; season with salt and pepper. Take some of the remaining turkey meat you reserved earlier, shred it into bite sized pieces and add it to the soup. A nice basic soup, simple to make and an especially good use of your left over turkey meat!
What do you do with all that leftover Chicken or Turkey? This is one of the recipes we make. I will also provide links for other recipes I use to put those. You can have momma's Turkey and rice soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of momma's Turkey and rice soup
- It’s of turkey carcass (just the bones).
- Prepare of rice.
- It’s of celery.
- Prepare of large.
- Prepare of carrot.
- It’s of chopped garlic.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of leftover turkey meat, chopped into cubes.
- Prepare of rice.
- It’s of chicken broth.
This amazing Turkey Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup brings together turkey (or chicken), white button and cremini mushrooms, wild rice and a perfect blend of spices. It is quick to come together and the rice can be cooked up to several days in advance. Store cooked rice in an airtight container in the. Stir in reserved broth, turkey meat, rice, salt, pepper, and thyme; bring to a boil.
momma's Turkey and rice soup instructions
- put Turkey carcass into large stock pot, cover with water and boil for 6-8 hours.
- strain anything solid out of Turkey stock.
- add one tablespoon salt.
- chop vegetables into small pieces.
- in a separate pan melt better and saute carrots, onion,celery, and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- add cooked vegetables to Turkey stock.
- add chopped Turkey meat.
- cook 1 cup rice with 2 cups chicken broth.
- once rice is thoroughly cooked add it to the soup.
- simmer together for about 10 minutes and serve.
Barley or orzo can stand in for rice from one batch to the next in our tasty and Quick Turkey and Rice Soup. Add stock, and bring to a boil. Stir in turkey and rice, and cook until heated through. Stir in turkey stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables and rice are tender.