Oha Soup. Oha soup is one of Nigeria's most delicious soup. Learn how to prepare ora soup the exact way an Igbo woman would like to do it, then a lot about other Nigerian foods. And the best oha soup is made from fresh oha leaves.
Oha soup is all I've been craving lately and I really wanted to share my recipe with you. If you've gotten your hands on fresh oha leaves, make a pot of oha soup. This Nigerian specialty is thickened with cocoyam paste and seasoned with smoked fish, dried shrimp, and your favorite meats. You can cook Oha Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oha Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of Assorted meats (Beef, Ponmo and Shaki).
- Prepare 2 of CkSp Palm oil.
- Prepare 2 Bunch of Oha leaves.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Uziza Leaves.
- Prepare 5 of Cocoyam (Ede).
- You need 1 cup of dry Fish shredded.
- Prepare 1 head of Stockfish (Okporoko).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ground Crayfish.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ogiri Igbo.
- It’s 2 cups of isam.
- It’s 5 of fresh pepper.
- It’s 3 of knorr maggi.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Oha Soup, popularly referred to as Ofe Oha by the Igbo people of Eastern Nigeria is an absolutely delicious traditional soup recipe. See recipes for OHA soup, Title: Banga OHA SOUP too. Oha soup is a traditional soup similar to the bitter leaf soup but cooked with oha leaves. Oha leaves is used in preparing oha soup, it is called ora leaves in some areas in the Eastern part of Nigeria like in.
Oha Soup instructions
- Wash Stockfish with hot water and set aside; per boil beef, shaki and kpomo, mid way add the Stock fish, then add knorr cube and salt to taste, allow it cook till its soft and tender.
- While the meat is boiling, in a small pot boil the cocoyam with the skin on till its very tender. once the cocoyam is soft, peel the skin off and pound till smooth in a mortar, then set aside.
- Blend peppers and set aside and add when the meats is getting soft, add the dry fish and isam; leave to combine for 7 minutes..
- Pour in Palm Oil and crayfish and stir properly, allow to boil for 10 minutes or until the oil is fully mix into the stock, then add the blended Cocoyam into the stock, stir and taste for salt/seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- When the meats are soft, add the smoked fish and blended pepper, leave to combine for 5 minutes. You should end up with at least 4 cups of rich stock, if you don’t, add more water and seasoning if needed….
- The Cocoyam will dissolve; thickening the soup, leave to fully dissolve and combine for 5 minutes, then add the Ogiri, leave for 2 minutes then add the washed and chopped Uziza leaves.
- Allow it simmer for a minute then add the Oha leaves, turn off heat and leave to cook the oha with the residual heat for about 2minutes Stir properly and serve with eba or akpu (fufu).
Oha soup known as ofe oha is a soup native to the Eastern people of Nigeria. I once saw someone post a poison as oha soup, please that is not our oha, lol. Another sister complained the leaves were. Oha soup is all I've been craving lately and I really wanted to share my recipe with you. Achi Soup with bitter leaf, achi soup with oha or achi soup with okazi are all various ways to prepare achi soup.