Red Lentil And Bacon Soup.
You can have Red Lentil And Bacon Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Lentil And Bacon Soup
- It’s 1 cup of Red lentils.
- Prepare 3 slice of Smoked Bacon, diced.
- It’s 1/2 medium of Sweet onion, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic, smashed and sliced.
- You need 1 of Parsnip, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 box of Mushroom broth.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Baby bell mushrooms (for garnish).
Red Lentil And Bacon Soup instructions
- In a medium pot, crisp the bacon on medium heat..
- Then add the parsnip and onion. Cook together for 3-5 minutes..
- Next add the garlic and cook about 3 minutes more..
- After adding the broth and water, stir in the lentils..
- Allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Once the soup has thickened up, combine the paprika, turmeric and salt..
- Pour all the contents into a blender and liquify for 10 seconds..
- Transfer to bowls and serve hot. Garnish with a few mushroom slices or a squiggle of ketchup..